Tuesday, April 28, 2020

No Invitation to the Pandemic Vinyl Party

Pandemic album covers are a thing.  I have been nostalgic, seeing everyone posting the most obscure collectible "favourite" albums that they have, or that have moved them, or that they think are cool.  Since I didn't get invited and since I don't feel like doing it for 10 days in a row, I decided to do it in one blast.  I only have half of my record collection with me here - so I might have to add a few later.  Carly Simon, No Secrets (1972) comes to mind as an important after thought. I do not know why I didn't bring my collection of her with me to this part of my life.  We Have No Secrets is a great song.  She influenced me as a singer.

Lastly, before I post the supposedly top 10, a couple of comments.  I honestly think my first love is soundtracks.  When I started my list Popeye  (by Harry Nilsson) (1980) and Lady Sings the Blues (1972) (featuring Diana Ross) screamed to be first in line.  Tommy (1975) and Phantom of the Paradise (1974) also received worn grooves over the years.
I didn't include any albums that I obtained on CD or Cassette or as digital files, either purchased or by pirating.  My total collection of vinyl comprises about 300 units. I will report the dates and the artist(s) and let the album covers speak for themselves.  The links in the captions are to the album.
Audience (1971)
JJ Cale (1972)
Todd Rundgren (1972)
Taj Mahal (1968)
Beach Boys (1973)
Stevie Wonder (1973)
Queen (1973)
Rory Gallagher (1973)
Faces (1973)
Boz Scaggs (1974)
Hall and Oates (1975)


Robert Palmer (1975)








No comments:

Post a Comment